Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Rough night

After thinking I had made it pretty well through the day, either I ate something that didnt agree with me or too many meds on an empty stomach. Started feeling nauseous around 9 and then vomited about 10 times. If I thought my throat was sore before, that definitely didnt help. All of the meds have nausea as a side effect so I called the Nurse and she gave me a different pain reliever and some anti-nausea meds.

Only up to eating applesauce and cheerios today which surely isn't helping my feeling tired and weak. Pretty lightheaded whenever I stand up, even if slowly. First night sleep in the recliner not awesome but I did sleep a bit. Having alternating chills and sweats but no fever.

Took a little walk around the hood first thing today but havent felt up to it since. All I did today was watch tv and mostly with the sound muted because of the raging headache that's started. I moved to the couch for a change of scenery and I am officially all caught up with the Kardashians.

Incision is itching under the neck brace but not too bad. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to the shower tomorrow! Also hoping the throat swelling goes down because that is the worst thing so far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What 1 item helped you the most after surgery?

Your Host

My photo
I'm 43-years old, married mother of two boys. I work full-time but the daunting prospect of 6-ish weeks of recovery has led me here. How much TV can one person watch?

Total Pageviews

Medical Details If You Must

Two-level anterior cervical discectomy and fusion scheduled for May 29th. Herniated discs at C4-5 and C5-6 indenting the cord with significant kyphosis.



Disclaimer:
I am not a medical professional. The information contained in this blog is not intended to be nor is it medical advice. Nothing contained herein should be considered a substitute for consultation with a qualified health professional.