Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Now I remember how I got here

After a few good days I'm back to the constant arm pain, tingling and numbness that I started with. Without it I was questioning why I needed surgery but as soon as it returns, I remember. I've still been doing pretty much nothing so I can't relate the increased symptoms to activity. Still looking for support from others who have similar syndromes but so far no luck.

Artificial Disc Replacement is intriguing but I can't seem to find surgeons doing it locally or even in-state.  The below study also suggests my degree of kyphosis doesn't make me a candidate.

Complications of Bryan cervical disc replacement

Very detailed overview of the relative risks and benefits of traditional fusion vs. disc replacement. While researching treatment options I found some interesting information about injecting growth factors into discs. Check out this recent interview:

virginia-this-morning-stony-point-surgery-center

Unfortunately, the treatment doesn't sound like its an option for me as its primarily for lumbar patients.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What 1 item helped you the most after surgery?

Your Host

My photo
I'm 43-years old, married mother of two boys. I work full-time but the daunting prospect of 6-ish weeks of recovery has led me here. How much TV can one person watch?

Total Pageviews

Medical Details If You Must

Two-level anterior cervical discectomy and fusion scheduled for May 29th. Herniated discs at C4-5 and C5-6 indenting the cord with significant kyphosis.



Disclaimer:
I am not a medical professional. The information contained in this blog is not intended to be nor is it medical advice. Nothing contained herein should be considered a substitute for consultation with a qualified health professional.