Search This Blog

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Don't run out of pain meds

So I've been feeling so well I got a little relaxed about my pain medication.  But I remembered to call and ask for a refill from the surgeon who's going to perform the surgery.  His office said sure, just have the pharmacy fax the request and we'll fill it for you.  After reassuring me that I could continue to take Ultram up until the date of the surgery, I promptly forgot to pick up the prescription.  That is until last night when I realized I'd taken the last one. 

Now I'm scrambling around at 2 a.m. looking for something stronger than Midol.  Long sleepless night short, I won't be making that mistake again.  My new normal should not involve zero sleep. But, being the type A personality that I am, I made good use of my time finding things like this: 


A homemade desk you install on top of your treadmill so you can walk while working at your computer! This is way better than the stupid balance ball I've been sitting on at work. That thing only works my core (what core) - if I can actually walk for 10 hours a day I'll never have to diet again.

Alas, I'm guessing corporate real estate wouldn't be too keen on my installing this in the office.  Next best thing, adapt current desk for standing:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What 1 item helped you the most after surgery?

Your Host

My photo
I'm 43-years old, married mother of two boys. I work full-time but the daunting prospect of 6-ish weeks of recovery has led me here. How much TV can one person watch?

Total Pageviews

Medical Details If You Must

Two-level anterior cervical discectomy and fusion scheduled for May 29th. Herniated discs at C4-5 and C5-6 indenting the cord with significant kyphosis.



Disclaimer:
I am not a medical professional. The information contained in this blog is not intended to be nor is it medical advice. Nothing contained herein should be considered a substitute for consultation with a qualified health professional.