Search This Blog

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day 4 - 4 miles, 4 meals

Day 4 graced me with cooler weather and less itching. Started the day off with a little food (banana) and 2 mile walk. Now that I'm out and about more, I'm getting used to the looks from passersby. I'm still not used to not being able to look down so I'm navigating curbs like a granny.

I've spaced the meds out to almost six hours with no noticeable increase in neck pain. My arm is still pain free with only occasional numbness in the thumb. Unfortunately, the neck brace is driving me nuts. Even after adjusting the pads it still feels too big. I'm wearing a regular Aspen collar but found the Aspen Vista on-line which looks like it might solve my issues because it is more adjustable for a shorter neck. I'm also hoping the wider opening at the front will help with the itching. If I'm really going to wear it for 5 more weeks, I figure it's worth it. Sporty green color a nice bonus!

Although my stomach is mostly settled, I'm still reacting strongly to smells like coffee and mulch. Having trouble eating protein or milk-based foods but did branch out to mashed potatoes. For those still interested, five days without a productive trip to the loo were a few too many. Oy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What 1 item helped you the most after surgery?

Your Host

My photo
I'm 43-years old, married mother of two boys. I work full-time but the daunting prospect of 6-ish weeks of recovery has led me here. How much TV can one person watch?

Total Pageviews

Medical Details If You Must

Two-level anterior cervical discectomy and fusion scheduled for May 29th. Herniated discs at C4-5 and C5-6 indenting the cord with significant kyphosis.



Disclaimer:
I am not a medical professional. The information contained in this blog is not intended to be nor is it medical advice. Nothing contained herein should be considered a substitute for consultation with a qualified health professional.